RICHMOND, BC–Ritchie Bros.’ latest Texas auction attracted 12,600+ online bidders from 64 countries to compete for 4,300+ items consigned by 600+ sellers. As a result of this unprecedented demand, Ritchie Bros.’ Fort Worth auction generated US$57+ million in gross transaction value.
“We continue to drive record-breaking demand, with bidders up 17% from last September, and we have the best auctioneers in the business working to get our consignors every extra bid,” said Chuck Roberson, Regional Sales Manager, Ritchie Bros. “Leading up to and during the auction, we safely welcomed thousands of interested buyers to inspect assets in person. The market is strong right now and buyers are proving it with very aggressive bidding. It’s a great time to sell and we have a ton of upcoming opportunities, including our final Fort Worth auction of the year in December.”
Approximately 92 percent of the assets in the September Fort Worth auction were sold to U.S. buyers, including 43 percent to Texans, while the remaining eight percent was sold to international buyers from as far away as Belgium, Ecuador, and Taiwan. Leading up to the event, online equipment views per lot and PriorityBids were up nine percent from last September.
Five Big Sellers in Fort Worth:
- 2020 John Deere 850L WLT cable plow – US$485,000
- 2012 Kobelco CK1100G 110-ton crawler crane – US$315,000
- 2012 Caterpillar D8T crawler tractor – US$255,000
- 2018 Western Star 4900SB quad-axle hydro vac truck – US$250,00
- 2018 Freightliner Coronado 122 day cab truck tractor – US$117,000
AUCTION QUICK FACTS: FORT WORTH, TX (SEPTEMBER 2021)
- Gross Transaction Value (GTV): US$57+ million
- Total Registered Bidders: 12,600+
- Total Number of Lots: 4,300+
- Total Number of Consignors: 600+
About Ritchie Bros
Established in 1958, Ritchie Bros. is a global asset management and disposition company, offering customers end-to-end solutions for buying and selling used heavy equipment, trucks and other assets.